The EFP-2 Electric Field Probe allows fast, easy, accurate measurements of the electric fields in water produced by electrofishers. A front panel function -switch selects the units of measurement, either volts per inch or volts per centimeter. The readings drop with time at a rate of approximately 1 millivolt per second. Pressing the reset switch clears the old reading and prepares the unit to make a new reading. The probe is polarity-sensitive. It will only measure positive fields. If a negative field needs to be measured simply turn the probe 180 degrees.
- Field Strength: 10V/in. or 3.94V/cm max. measurable
- Frequency: 13kHz max.
- Pulse Width: 75 microseconds minimum
- Reading Decay: rate <1 millivolt per second
- Accuracy: ± 5%
- Volt Resolution: 0.01V
- Display: 3-digit 0.5" high LCD
- Battery: 9V alkaline
- Battery Life: 10 hours continuous
- Cable Length: 15ft
- Size Display Box (L x W x H): 6.6" x 3.2" x 2.25"
- Size Probe Head (L x W x H): 3.38" x 1.38" x 3.2"
- Weight Display Box: 9 ounces
- Weight Probe Head: 1 pound